The Power of a Story
It's another week! We're walking right into September this week! This week, we're talking about the power of storytelling. Today we're talking about the first component. Why is a story important? Everyone loves a good story! That's why this week we're focusing on the power of storytelling. Storytelling is essential when it comes to branding. Every brand has a story and it's being told right now. By not telling and controlling your story, the story being told is one of the receiver/those that experience your brand.
It's time that you take back the narrative. Now if you've signed up for my email list (which you can do at the bottom of this post), you will read/have read my keys on branding. There were 3 essential things that make up your brand. Now, I won't tell you because you'll need to sign up for my email list to see them. However, what we should note is that storytelling is powerful. It creates intimate connections that are essential to brand growth. People want to know why. They want to know how. They want to know who. So let's go over some questions.
- Who are you?
- Why this? (In other words, why did you start your brand)
- What void or gap does your brand fulfill?
- What is it that your brand does that no one else is doing?
- How do you connect with people?
- What products or services do you offer & how will they help the audience?
- What are the stories of people that have experienced your brand? What were their thoughts?
If you can answer all of these questions, it's time for you to start telling your story. How do you tell your story? Start with videos, blog posts, social media posts, and more!
Here's some ideas to help kick you in the right direction.
- Write a blog post sharing why you're passionate about what your brand does.
- Share a video introducing yourself & share 3 reasons why people should connect with your brand. Make sure the 3 reasons have keywords. For example: The reasons why we love Ignite Church is because we're about: relationship, transformation, and cultivation. If you're a hairdresser: What makes Unique Hair so amazing is that we are passionate about 3 things: Our customers, their hair, and their experience. If you're a personal brand (I'll use myself-I only use 2 keywords): I'm passionate about two things: Jesus and People. I seek to connect people to one another and ultimately to God.
- (Idea for already established brands) Share #tbt on your social media pages of when you first started your brand. Showing people your journey gives them a sneak peak into your history. This is really important. This also shows that you're passionate about your brand and believe in it to the point that you have stuck with it.