So you’re an expert. Now what? I’ve met many leaders who have years of experience in their field. However, they have never learned how to properly walk in their expertise as a speaker, consultant, coach, author, or other areas of influence. I want to give you the 3 ways that will help you to begin walking in your expertise. These keys will help you be consistent, effective, and strategic.
- Call Yourself An Expert: You would be surprised how many people claim to be something but don’t call themselves one. You have to call yourself an expert if you want people to see yourself as one. You have to make sure that your online platforms, professional bio, and more speaks of your expertise. It should be a consistent representation as well. So if I go to your social media and it says Parent, Lover of Food, and People and then I go to to your website and it reads: Expert of Haircare, ect. — it doesn’t align. One platform sounds personal while the other sounds professional. It should be consistent across the platforms. I suggest that if you do desire to have a personal platform that you have those as a separate account and not apart of the platforms that you promote.
- Showcase your Knowledge Online: Social Media is the perfect place to showcase your knowledge online through content. I advise picking one social media platform and providing amazing content that people can consume. Now before we get into the platforms, you need to realize that you need to do four things in order to maximize these platforms. You need to provide the content consistently, you need to provide quality content, you need to be strategic, and you need to be engaging. Many people don’t care about the content that they provide but you need to care. You need to provide good quality content because you are an expert. If you’re an expert, prove that you’re one with what you provide. You can pick the following platforms:
- YouTube: Video Content
- Instagram: Quotes & Video Content (Short & Long: IG TV)
- Facebook: Video & Written Content
- Twitter: Daily Quotes (Short Content)
- LinkedIn: Professional Written & Video Content (all experts should be on there)
- Package Your Expertise into 1 Product: Don’t be an expert without a product to sell or provide. Every expert should at minimum have an online or printed product in the form of a book, workbook, kit, or online course. Don’t have a way to NOT monetize speaking events, workshops, online presence, and more. There are so many people who claim to be experts but don’t have a way to package their knowledge through a product past the free knowledge and expertise you provide online as an expert. You have to display your knowledge. I’m teaching my masterclass on this on December 17th and if you haven’t gotten your seat, you need to get your seat today: click here.
BONUS KEY: Build Your Connections and Network as An Expert: You can’t just call yourself an expert and sit in your office or house all day and night. You need to get out and introduce yourself as an expert. One of the best things you can do is use your LinkedIn as a professional social media platform to establish your professional expertise in the market that you serve. Connect with other experts on LinkedIn and do the following things: Write and Share articles surrounding your expertise, Connect with other experts and connect with them via personal message, and comment on other expert’s content and be sure to find a few people within the comment to make a connection with. Corporations are looking for expert speakers for seminars, workshops, conferences, summits, and more. Why not put yourself out there as an expert or do you desire to hide? It’s time to shine. Outside of LinkedIn, network in person at networking events, conferences, and more. People should see you and know you and know what you do without being confused.
- “He is the one who builds lead generating websites for startup businesses.”
- “She is the one who is an expert at natural hair care and styling.”
- “He is the one who teaches teachers how to build easy to follow lesson plans for their classrooms.”
- “She is the one who teaches boutique owners how to grow their business.”
In short, it should be easy for people to remember who you are and what you do. You want people to be able to put you into a box. It’s not a bad thing. It’s actually a VERY good thing. Them putting you into a box isn’t placing a limitation on you. It’s instead doing this — making it easy for people to know and remember what it is that you do.
If you haven’t gotten your online seat for From Madness to Method Masterclass, click this link to get your seat for only $49. You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity if you need to package your expertise into an amazing method that you can sell in the form of products, services, and more. If you’ve watched any of my previous trainings, this is all new knowledge that I’m rolling out for 2020. This is going to change how you represent yourself as an expert in your focus market. Click here to get your seat: http://bit.ly/methodmasterclass